The W. family just returned from dinner out with Uncle Kirk and Aunt Sus - and what a dinner it was! We went to this place called Dirty Franks - a hot dog place downtown that I have heard nothing but good things about from my library friends.
The place itself wasn't quite what I expected. It's quite small and while the menu is very kid friendly (hello, hot dogs, fries, mac & cheese), it was a little chaotic with the boys. Especially since there were no high chairs and Ryan had to sit on Duane's lap. Definitely not ideal, and I could tell Duane wasn't thrilled and it was hard for him to eat with Ryan a) squirming and b) trying to feed Duane forkfuls of food, but Duane didn't complain and was a great sport.
The food was good though. Ryan had an octopus shaped hot dog on a bed of mac & cheese (although he didn't eat much), and Wesley plowed his hot dog and a bunch of Kirk's fries. The rest of us subscribed to the "take a bite and pass it around" rule and got to try a TON of fun things. Wesley even tried a new food! Ok, it was funnel cake, but still, it was something unfamiliar that he tried and liked.
Ryan tried a lime slush and drank about half of it. The rest of the time he was trying to drink Duane's soda. The little guy put quite a hurting on it too. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night at the W. household. I have visions of Ryan, hyped up on caffeine, zipping around the house full speed until he crashed someplace and we just let him sleeps where he lands. Let's hope it goes a little smoother than that.
Overall, it was a good, greasy, fun way to end to the weekend.
1 comment:
I wanted to tell you how impressed I was with Wesley and Ryan when I saw you guys at Dirty Frank's on Sunday night. That place was mobbed, tiny, and really loud. They were SO well-behaved! I agree that the food was awesome, but I don't think I'll go back on a weekend again. Our waiter started trying to push us out the door as soon as our food arrived. I'd like to try it when it's less crowded.
Post a Comment