Monday, January 25, 2010

Not Me Monday


I did not plug into YouTube to listen to a song that they play on Noggin. And I certainly didn't listen to it more than once. And there's no way it was stuck in my head all day long.

I did not get a sick feeling in my stomach after reading a note from Wesley's teacher. It would have been silly to get upset since all the note said was to work with Wesley on putting his own coat on. I would never be so ridiculous. And I know I wouldn't have the exact same reaction if I got a note later in the week asking us to do the same thing working with scissors.

I certainly did not experience a moment of panic as I left work and was walking to the car. And if I did have that moment of panic it wasn't because I momentarily forgot what day of the week it was and where I was supposed to pick up the kids. And even if both those things happened, I wouldn't have felt extra silly since it was Wednesday and the day that Duane picks up the kids instead of me.

I know I didn't have to stop the car very quickly one day while driving, only to hear Wesley say, "That's OK Mom. I can just hold on to this thing!" and see him holding the Oh-Shoot-Strap.

No comments: