Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Bashes

Yesterday was pretty much one big party for Wesley. One of his preschool classmates, T. turned five and invited the whole class (and his "other preschool" class) to an indoor bounce party at one of those places that has a ton of inflatables set up inside. Wesley was so excited about all morning and even drew a special card for T.

To be honest, I was kind of hoping for a drop and go party; after all, Wesley knew nearly every one there. However, when the option was given for parents to stay or go, Wesley asked me to please stay. It ended up being a good thing because I got to spend a little time with a couple of the other moms and get to know them a little better - including the moms of A. and J. - two of Wesley's best buds at preschool. I even found out that his best boy bud - A. - is going to do pre-K at the preschool next year, which is something I'd like Wesley to do.

In addition to getting to know some of the moms better, I also got to watch Wesley play and interact with his school friends. I loved watching the kids lift each other up and pull each other through some of the inflatables. I loved seeing them race around and laugh together. I even got a kick out of seeing J. (girl) plant kisses on A's (boy) mouth and vice versa. A.'s mom was horrified and kept telling A. to stop it, while J.'s moms both thought it was funny.

After the big bounce party, we went to Grandma and Grandpa H.'s to celebrate Aunt Sus's birthday. Aunt Sus spent a big chunk of her celebration helping Sho and Kei design and paint their pinewood derby cars for boyscouts. They are going to have some of the coolest cars around!

Needless to say, Wesley and Ryan were pretty worn out by the end of the night. Poor little Ryan was laying on the floor, playing with toys with only one hand. Wesley was pretty tired too, but not too tired to make a couple of snow angels in the yard with his daddy when we got home around 9:30. Wesley asked to sleep in the "big red bed" again too. Duane tucked Wesley and I under the covers, then said, "I smell something. It smells like it's spoiled rotten!" while gesturing to Wesley. Wesley didn't get it at all and answered, "Yeah, I smell it too!" What a great day!

No comments: