Saturday, January 23, 2010

Extra Credit

In an effort to boost my grade on my mommy report card, I spent this afternoon and this evening doing stuff with the kids instead of putting laundry away, cleaning out the closet with Duane and sorting through baby clothes.

We took a family trip to COSI this afternoon. It feels like we haven't been there FOREVER and the boys had a great time.


Ryan wore this hard hat at least half the time we were at COSI. It didn't matter that he couldn't see out of the darn thing, he'd just put it on and start running until it fell off. I think we have a future football player in our midst.




"Mom, it followed me home. Can I keep it?"




"Look, I even built a house for it (with Daddy's help.)"



"Pleeeeeease? I'll hug him and squeeze him and call him George."



Wesley spent a lot of time playing the helicopter. Here he is turning the propeller. He was so funny! He'd tell everyone how high we were flying and to hold on tight. He checked the fuel several times and even flew us to the library.


Despite how this picture looks, this little fireman has not been hitting the fire water. This goofy face is the one Ryan makes whenever you ask him to smile for the camera. Perhaps we should stick to candids.



Ryan working the wind blown look.


That was pretty much the afternoon. We came home from COSI and took naps. Well, at least Ryan and I did. I think Duane caught a "z" or two while Wesley watched t.v. But I decided to continue my quest for mommy extra credit by allowing the boys to paint after dinner. Wesley painted in the kitchen and did a great job. Ryan has never painted before, so he worked on his masterpiece in the dining room with me.


My little Picasso.



Ryan didn't really get the concept of watercolors. He'd put his paintbrush in the paint, THEN put it in the water, THEN on the paper. Let's just say it was heavy on water and light on paint.


Thank goodness it's bath night. As you can probably see, Ryan has paint on his face here. What you can't see is the paint in his hair and all over his hands.

So...do I get extra credit?

No comments: