Today was the first day in over two weeks that I had to get the boys up and out the door at our "regular" time. Oh good heavens, what a joy that was.
It snowed last night, so I knew I'd want to leave the house a bit early today. I got myself ready, dug out hats, boots, coats and mittens for the boys and loaded up the van before waking the little darlings up. Of course, it was still before 7:00 when I flipped their lights on. Wesley sat up in bed and looked very confused, so I started in on getting Ryan ready first. He wasn't thrilled about getting up so early, but he was pretty good about it. Then we went into Wesley's room.
The moment I told Wesley to get out of bed he started SCREAMING at me, "Why won't you let me sleep? I want to sleep! I just shut my eyes and now you say I can't sleep." The child would not stop screaming! I made many a threat trying to get him out of bed and down the stairs, but he would not stop screaming. I don't think he quieted down until we had him completely dressed.
Unfortunately that bit of calm didn't last too long because once we got his coat and mittens on, he couldn't keep hold of his bear or his straw cup of milk. He's drop his cup, whine loudly, pick it up, then drop it again - with the whine getting louder. On top of this, Ryan was refusing to walk because he hates his boots.
Somehow I got the boys out to the van and the car started. I turned the radio and the defrost on. Duane had already cleared the windows off, but I wanted to keep them clear and I wanted to hear the traffic report. Cue the tears and the screaming. Wesley started wailing, "I don't want the music or the wind. Turn the wind off! I can't sleep when there's wind." UGH!
Thank goodness traffic wasn't bad and it didn't take very long to get to Grandma's. Of course, Ryan tripped and fell into the snow on the sidewalk. It probably wouldn't have been too bad, except that he refuses to wear mittens, so his hands and his Bobo were cold and soaked. Then there was the fight between the boys over some toys before I left Grandma's for work. Good thing Wesley redeemed himself by having a great day at preschool and eating all his dinner. Who said getting back in the swing of things was a good thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment