Do you remember those commercials for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups where two people would be walking along, innocently snacking on either a chocolate bar or a jar of peanut butter? I never understood why someone would be walking around eating out of jar of peanut butter, but that's beside the point. In the commercials, something would happen and the two people would collide and the snacks would mix - "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!" "You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!" Then the people would try the peanut butter/chocolate combination and, ta-da, a delicious new snack was born! I am here to tell you that if Wesley had been one of the people involved, there would NEVER have been a new snack invented. He would have thrown a fit, right there on the sidewalk!
Wesley HATES to have his food touch and he comes by this compulsion honestly. I am 36 years old and still extremely picky over what foods can touch on my plate. I am a mere amateur compared to Wesley though. This morning he had a fit because his fork still had a little speck of pancake on it when he went to eat his egg. He freaked out about it so much that the fork ended up falling on the floor. I got a new fork for him and put it on his plate.
"MOM!!! Don't put it where the pancakes were!!!! It's an egg fork!!"
Oh my goodness.....
No comments:
Post a Comment