Sometimes I really worry about Wesley. I know I joke about him having OCD, but he just gets so focused on things and WILL NOT let them go. Take tonight for instance, he wanted to pretend to be a cat named something. I don't remember what the name was, but it sounded like a different not so nice word. Duane told him he could be a cat, but that he had to pick a different name. Wesley kept saying he wanted to be a cat named (whatever it was) - over and over and over. He finally got sent to his room because he would not/could not stop going on about wanting to be a cat named (whatever it was).
And it's not just the cat thing. He'll tell you same thing at least 5 to 10 times in a row. Every single night we hear him say, "If you put things on my plate that I like, I'll eat it," as soon as he sits down to dinner. And he says it over and over and over during the course of the meal until we end up getting angry at him.
It's almost like he can't control it. The sentence seems to get stuck in his brain to mouth loop and he has no choice but to repeat it. Is this normal preschool age behavior, or should I worry?
No comments:
Post a Comment