Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I'm a Big Boy


Somewhere along the way, Ryan has decided that he is now a big boy. He only wants to color with the "big boy" crayons. He carries his dishes out to the kitchen (sometimes) when he's done eating. He prefers to sit at the yellow table rather than in his high chair. If you cut up his food, he'll take the largest possible piece, preferring instead to have a whole instead of a part.

I think I could deal with the "I'm a big boy" thing if he had a few more words in his vocabulary. Right now he's pretty limited to:
  • Mama
  • Daddy
  • Grandma/pa
  • kitty
  • ball
  • vroom
  • sippy (if you know what you are listening for)
  • brother
  • ball
  • Bobo
  • butterfly

We joke that he's the strong silent one, but he gets SO frustrated when he can't get his point across. We end up with a lot of screaming fits that I'm sure would be resolved if he had the words to express himself. Yes, I'm essentially saying, "Hurry up and learn to talk so I can tell you to be quiet!"

No comments: