Thursday, January 14, 2010

Breakfast IS the Most Important Meal of the Day

It's no secret that Wesley is a picky eater. What you might not know is not only is he picky, he's also pretty regimented - at least when it comes to breakfast. Every day Wesley eats some mini pancakes and a scrambled egg for breakfast. Sometimes there is fruit, sometimes there is bacon, but there is ALWAYS pancakes and eggs.

This morning I fixing breakfast for Wesley at Grandma and Grandpa H.'s (as I do most mornings he has preschool). I cut a banana, made the pancakes, made the eggs and then Wesley saw a package of maple rolls on the counter. "Maybe I could have one of things for dessert after breakfast." Sounded like a good idea to me! I'm always up for dessert.

So after Wesley ate his breakfast, I put about a quarter of a maple roll on his plate. He took a big bite, then said, "I've had one of these before at Grandpa P.'s. Or maybe it was when I was a baby. I can't seem to remember which one."

Speaking of eating (although not breakfast), Ryan SLAMMED some buffalo chicken lasagna last night. He completely cleaned his plate! It's so nice to have one child who isn't picky.

No comments: