Friday, January 15, 2010

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Duane and I were in the kitchen after supper tonight, when we heard Wesley singing in the dining room. I asked what song he was singing and he informed me that he was singing the "I don't love you song to Ryan." I asked him to sing something different, but truth be told, I'd be more worried if I didn't know that they really do play together most days - sometimes even nicely!

Last night they played a game of "crawl through the tunnel and chase your brother." Ryan would crawl behind the couch, come out and start running. Wesley would crawl behind him and then start chasing Ryan around the living room.

After that, we went upstairs. I had the bedding stripped off of Wesley's bed. He looked at it and exclaimed "Thanks for turning my bed into a trampoline, Mom!" He and Ryan must have bounced on the bed for a good twenty minutes, laughing the whole time.

Then there's photographic evidence of them playing together nicely.

OK, so Wesley is putting a book on Ryan's head, but no one is crying or hitting or yelling, so it counts as nice play in my book!

No comments: