The W. family had an unexpected dinner out last night when one of the ingredients that we needed for our recipe had gone bad. I had come home with a terrible headache and feeling sick to my stomach, so I left our dinner destination up to Duane. Knowing that I prefer to go to local restaurants, Duane took us to a cafe and bakery down the street. The owner is incredibly supportive of our community and the food is really good.
We sat down and ordered our meals and explained to the kids that since we were at a nicer restaurant, they were to put their napkins in their laps when the food arrived. They said they understood and waited patiently for their meals.
When the food was placed on the table we all stared to eat. After a moment, Wesley said, "I need a fork."
"What happened to your fork?" Duane asked. "The utensils were wrapped up in the napkin. You have your napkin right?"
"Yes," Wesley replied, "but I didn't see a fork."
Duane peeked under the table and discovered that while Wesley had indeed put his napkin on his lap, he never unrolled the darn thing and the utensils were still inside it.
So close, and yet....no.
No comments:
Post a Comment