Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentines Day Recap

Yesterday was such a wonderful Valentine's Day. We decided to forgo the whole "try to make the day super romantic" thing and decided instead to celebrate our family - and it turned out wonderfully well!

We started the day off by fixing red velvet pancakes with cream cheese glaze for breakfast. I mean, you have to overdo it on Valentine's Day, right?


I burned off the carbs and calories in Zumba class and after that, we headed off to the skating rink to meet some friends. Unfortunately, we left just as a horrible white out was occurring and what should have been a five minute drive was frightening twenty minutes.  But everyone got there safely.

Getting our buddy J.'s skates on

Duane even put skates on - which he NEVER does! I got to hold hands and skate with my honey!
After skating we headed downtown to a candy/soda shop I've heard great things about. The kids LOVED it!!




Just kids in a candy store

Ryan HAD to try this!

A little something for Duane

Part of our candy haul
From there we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for a nice, cozy dinner for eleven. And it was fun and fantastic.  I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family to spend a holiday with.

Cheers!

No comments: