When you are the little sibling, you develop all sorts of fun (read: annoying) skills that come in handy when dealing with your older sibling(s). Not that I speak from experience. I'm sure my big brother would tell you that I was the sweetest and most respectful of little sisters and that I completely respected his space.
In fact, I'm so sure he would tell you that, that there is not reason to ask him about it.
No reason at all.
Seriously, do not ask!
This evening Ryan had the whole "little sibling" thing down pat. Ryan was trying to look at a book, but Wesley was getting bossy and trying to order Ryan to stop looking at it. Ryan very calmly picked up his book, went into his room, and shut and locked the door.
That may seem like a reasonable thing to do. But Ryan knew how to take it to the next level. When Wesley started knocking on the door (about three minutes after Ryan went upstairs) Ryan refused to answer.
It was a little like a scene out of "Big Bang Theory." You know, *knock knock knock* "Ryan?" But Ryan still wouldn't answer.
This went on for several minutes, with Wesley's agitation growing with each passing second.
"Ryan! What are you doing in there?" he finally demanded.
"Trying to annoy you," Duane answered. "And it's working."
Wesley wasn't convinced. "How do you know that's what he's doing?"
Little does Wesley realize, both his parents were little siblings too. And little siblings never share their trade secrets.
No comments:
Post a Comment