Unfortunately, that put me in a bit of a mood when I woke up this morning. I didn't want to go to church. I didn't want to read or do puzzles or bake or anything. I felt sad and completely listless. Thankfully, my hubby didn't let me wallow. He hauled my rear end up and made me go to church, which did good things for my soul.
After church we came home and had a full on comfort lunch of grilled cheese and tomato soup, then decided to bundle up and go sledding. Well, Duane and I decided we were going sledding. The kids didn't really want to go, but I wanted them too. They've been inside too much lately and it's in the 30's today so it's practically tropical.
Despite their protests about going, everyone had a good time once we got to the hill.
Mommy's turn
Daddy's turn
| What is it with kids and eating the snow? This is Wesley chowing down, but Ryan grabbed a "snack" on his way up the hill every single time |
We stayed at the hill for about an hour before getting back in the truck. "That was more fun than Disney World!" Wesley exclaimed.
Ryan looked at him and said, "Oh Wesley, you're such a kidder."
We came home wet and cold, but that means we got to enjoy the best part of sledding - hot chocolate with marshmallows and a fire in the fireplace.
I'm still not in love with winter, but getting out of the house and having fun helped beat some of those winter blues.
No comments:
Post a Comment