Thursday, April 10, 2014

Stealing My Heart

Ryan went fora bike ride around the neighborhood this evening. In addition to telling him not to cross the street, I reminded him not to pick any flowers that weren't in our own yard. Both boys have a habit of giving me lots of flowers in the springtime, but I don't want them decimating the neighbor's gardens.

Ryan came in from his ride with his hand behind his back.

"Ok, this is not a lie," he began. Uh-huh. Sure. We believe you. "But I found this random flower on the sidewalk." 

Then he presented me with a daffodil, my favorite flower.

Yes, I know somewhere on our street there is a neighbor's yard that is one daffodil short, but it was so sweet that I just couldn't call his lie.  I just hope he picks the rest from our own yard.




No comments: