Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Not All the World's a Stage

The other night Wesley worked himself into a complete state over a missing slipper-sock that he hasn't worn in months. He was stomping around and yelling and tearing his room apart looking for it. He was still wound up about the missing article of clothing and was practically in tears when it was time for bed.

I sat down on his bed and said, "Wesley, hon. It's a sock. It's not worth getting this worked up over. You need to let it go."

And then I did my very best Elsa impersonation from "Frozen"




Wesley looked at me, heaved a big sigh and said, "Mom, now isn't really the best time for singing."  Good grief, you'd think the kid had never seen a Disney movie before. It was the perfect time for singing. But, out of respect for my kiddo's feelings (and eardrums) I ended my performance early.

No comments: