It's no secret that I am deeply in love with my husband and that I think he is just about the most wonderful man on the planet. Duane has a way of knowing the right thing to say to make me feel special, loved and like I am the most important person in the universe to him. I often say that I hope our boys grow into the kind of man their father is. Well, the other morning I got proof that they are on the right track.
We are FINALLY starting to see flowers bloom in our yard. Twice this week, Wesley has run out into the yard before getting in the car for school. He picks a flower and, very gallantly, hands it to me with an "I love you, Mom."
If that isn't enough to make your heart feel all mushy, check out what Ryan said the other morning. He and I were at the table eating breakfast when I looked across the table at him and said, "You know, Ryan, you're a pretty awesome kid."
Ryan got up, walked around the table and gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Well, you have something to do with that," he told me. Then he went back to finish his breakfast like he hadn't just melted my heart.
Let me tell you, these kids are smooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment