Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Lead Me Not into Temptation

Now that I'm 40 - and I still can't believe I'm 40 - I've noticed I have to pay more attention to what I eat. The spicy food I adore gives me heartburn if I'm not careful. More than two alcoholic drinks will result in a hangover and even I can tell my metabolism is starting to slow a bit. I'm trying to up the fruits and veggies and whole grains and really watch portion sizes.This doesn't mean I don't eat junk and lovely baked goods and pure, wonderful carbs, but I try to limit it.

Last night after dinner, I was trying to decide what bit of sweetness I wanted to end my meal with. A small square of chocolate? A Girl Scout cookies? One of the leftover cupcakes that my mom made the other day? 

I opted for a small piece of chocolate, but I must have been looking longingly at the cupcakes because Ryan came up to me, patted my arm and said, "Go ahead and have a cupcake, Mom. You a deserve it." 

I hope I can count on Wesley to play angel to Ryan's devil.

No comments: