Do you remember the cat at Cat Welfare that just loved Ryan and that he loved in return? He's been a bit obsessed with her lately, even though I told him we would not be getting another cat. He keeps asking how much it costs to adopt a cat there, which I would be worried about if Ryan was actually capable of saving any of his money instead of immediately spending it on Legos or Kindle apps. I've been very careful to tell him although you only pay a certain amount to Cat Welfare to be able to take the cat home, you still have to pay for food and vet visits and things like that as well.
Needless to say, I was relieved when I saw on Cat Welfare's Facebook page that Ryan's cat had been adopted.
"Hey, Ryan! I have great news! Someone adopted Callie Anne. Now she has a forever home!"
"I wish we could have been her forever home," he told me.
"I know, buddy. But we aren't going to get another cat now."
"Can we go see her at her forever home?" he asked.
"Um...Ryan, she was adopted by some people and lives at their house now. I don't know who the people are and I certainly don't know where they live."
Ryan replied, "Well, maybe one of your friends knows them. Or you could look it up at work."
I guess he thinks librarians really can find out anything.
___________________________________________________________
Ryan: Mom! Guess what?! Ms. C. said that maybe I could bring one of our cats in for show and tell someday!
Mommy: (skeptically) She did? Ryan, exactly which cat of our cats do you think is going to let us put them in a container and drive them to school for your class to pet? The only cat I know of that would let us do that is Sanders and he's dead.
Ryan turns to the shelf where we keep the box of Sanders' ashes
Mommy: And you are NOT taking his box to school!
No comments:
Post a Comment