I read a lot of blogs every day. I mean, a LOT of blogs. At home I read cooking, Disney and mommy blogs. At work I read blogs about kids lit, teen lit, libraries, youth culture and kids music. Honestly, I probably read a couple hundred blog entries every day.
On Tuesdays a number of the book blogs I keep up with do a "Top Ten Tuesday." This past week the topic was book quotes. I love quotes and song lyrics. In middle and high school I kept a piece of poster board on my wall so I could write down quotes and lyrics that spoke to me for some reason. As an adult, I kept a journal of such things for a while. Thank goodness Goodreads.com allows me to save quotes there. Every time I read a book and a line jumps out at me for some reason, I add it to my Goodreads quote collection.
Since it's Thursday and I have nothing earth shattering to share today, I have decided to share some of my book quotes with you. They aren't really my all time favorites, but they are from books I've ready fairly recently and I thought you might enjoy. I'm limiting myself to ten quotes because I could have days of posts about quotes!
1) Why not"! That is SO wise. So many things would be possible in this world if you thought "Why not?" all day long.”
― Joanne Rocklin, The Five Lives of Our Cat Zook
2) “[She] lost her patience, a thing she was all too prone to misplacing.”
― Gail Carriger, Heartless
3) “I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives.”
― R.J. Palacio, Wonder
4) “Hate people on an individual basis only - you must actually get to know someone at least slightly before you can properly hate him or her.”
― Jill Conner Browne, The Sweet Potato Queens' Book Of Love
5) “It took me a sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints and forty minutes to get over that boy.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
6) “There is no such thing as no choice. There is always a choice. The only question is whether it's a bearable one.”
― David Levithan, Every You, Every Me
7) “...because "Mommy" is forever. It's such a powerful name. Mommy means "I trust you." Mommy means "you will protect me." Mommy is for shouting when you need someone dependable and for laughing with when you are excited. Mommy is for crying on and cuddling with when you are sad, or giggling and hiding behind when you are embarrassed. Mommy is the fixer of boo-boos and the mender of broken hearts. Mommy is a comfort place - a safe place. Mommy means "you are mine and I am yours and we are family.”
― Katie J. Davis, Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
8) “You can spread jelly on the peanut butter but you can't spread peanut butter on the jelly.”
― Dick Van Dyke, My Lucky Life in and Out of Show Business
9) “Helloooo." Miss Ohio rolled her eyes. "I'm from the Buckeye State. We are serious about our tailgating parties. I can turn anything into a grill.”
― Libba Bray, Beauty Queens
10) “I have found it is surprisingly difficult to remain sad when a cat is doing its level best to sandpaper one's cheeks.”
― R.L. LaFevers, Theodosia and the Last Pharaoh
No comments:
Post a Comment