Tonight was another t-ball/tee ball (which is correct, btw? I use them interchangeably) practice. Don't he and his buddy look awesome?
While they practiced with the team, Ryan and I played on the playground. I shocked the little guy by going up the climbing wall in my flats and long work skirt. "Mommy, are you sure you can do that?" he asked. Ha! I'm not that old yet, kiddo! And just to prove it, I also went down the big slide in my work clothes. Who says I'm not a cool mommy?
.JPG) |
| He's under there somewhere. |
.JPG) |
| Why does this make me think of the police getting ready to frisk him? |
.JPG) |
| It's a bird! It's a plane! |
.JPG) |
| It's Super Ryan! |
After proving that mommies could rock the playground, I let Ryan do his own thing for awhile. And by "do his own thing" I mean follow around two "older" (probably 8) girls on the playground. At first Ryan was content to just play on whatever they were playing on, but then he got brave enough to strike up a conversation. He told them his name and how old he is and how old his brother is and that his brother was wearing an orange shirt and practicing tee ball. He told them that he is going to start preschool and that he is going to Disney World this summer and all about super heroes.
The girls were really good sports about him and when it was time to go they told him, "Bye Ryan. It was nice to meet you." But he wouldn't leave gracefully. Nope, instead of giving them a cool wave and leave them wanting more (or at least thinking what a sweet boy he was) he broke down into tears about leaving his new girlfriends. Not smooth, dude. Not smooth at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment