Saturday, May 05, 2012

Bragging on My Guys

Today was the yard sale at Wesley's school. Duane and I were there last night setting up (although Duane was there longer than I was) and we were back today - me from 8-2 and Duane was there from about 10 -11 and 1-2.  So it was a commitment. A fun commitment, but a commitment all the same.

The best part for me was not the helping ,although it was rewarding. It wasn't even seeing the money come in to support the school, although that was great too. The best part was hearing people compliment my guys!

More than one of the PTA moms told me what a great guy and "what a catch" Duane is. They were so impressed that he was there helping out both days and that he helped out Fun-n-Frolic last week. They talked about the cake he made last week and the treats he sent in for the workers today. I know how wonderful my husband is and I know how lucky I am to have him, but it warms my heart to hear other people realize how great his is too!

Two different people told me how sweet Ryan is. Yeah, he's got them snowed.

And possibly the best compliment?  The principal told me how impressed she has been with Wesley's math skills this year. Apparently they were studying something earlier that can be a really hard concept for Kindergarten and he "just really got it!"  Way to go Wesley!

Lest you think I have blinders on and think my guys are too perfect, let me tell you what Wesley is doing as I type this. He's playing "The Macarena" on a kazoo. Seriously. Even Ryan shouted, "Stop that annoying noise!!!"  Guess we all have room for improvement!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Sounds like a great school community - love the way they appreciate your guys!