Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Talent Show Update

Hold onto your hats folks. Wesley had his talent show audition yesterday and he will, in fact, be "dancing" in the talent show.  Is it wrong that my initial reaction was "oh-no?"  I even had to ask another mom when the talent show is because I threw the information out last week hoping it wouldn't come true. 

Wesley is really excited about it though, and I will never let on that I am less than excited too.  I will go shop for a costume for him to dance in. I will help him practice every night. I will take time off work and be in the audience that day and I will tell him how very proud I am that he got up there and performed in front of so many people. I will record his performance and post it on this blog. Wesley's dancing may be a tad embarrassing, but his enthusiasm is not. He is my boy and I am his mommy and I will be right there cheering for him.

Of course, I may have to wear a paper bag over my head, but I'll be there ;-)

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great post and gave me a chuckle this morning. Jack told me that Wesley was great and that Mr J said 'Wesley MUST be in the show!" so there you are woman - a star in the making.
I'll be sat right next to you at the show, hiding behind a cushion. :-)