Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Doing EXACTLY What I Say

Oh Ryan. Ryan. Ryan. Ryan. Imagine me shaking my head and my hair turning grey before your eyes as I type this. I'm telling you, this kid gives me more "natural highlights" than I ever imagined. He is my letter of the law kid. The one who, if you tell him not to set a foot in a room, will inch one single toe into it, because a) you told him not to and b) it's a toe, not a foot.

Ryan was sent to his room to cool off after hitting his brother. After about 5 or so minutes, I told him he could come down, but he could not hit his brother anymore.

"But I kick really hard," Ryan said.

Sighing, I told him, "No kicking either."

With a completely straight face Ryan asked, "Punching?"

"No! No punching either!" I told him as he walked past me into the living room.

Of course, I left out poking, pinching, pushing, teasing, maiming, stomping on, sitting on, and otherwise beating, annoying and tormenting. And I'm sure he was busy considering all of them.

1 comment:

Pam said...

That sounds just like a little boy that I know too! You have to hand it to Ryan though - that was pretty funny.