Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

I am typing this as I finish a wonderful breakfast of lavender scones with white chocolate cream and lemon curd while listening to my children fight in the background. I'm pretty sure that within the next 30 minutes, I'm going to end up feeling very thankful that I have to work today so I get away from the bickering. So this isn't going to be your typical Hallmark Mother's Day.

As much as I'd like to pretend that Mother's Day is all about me these days, I know that wouldn't be a very good mother (heck, I'd wouldn't even be a capable mother) without the three wonderful moms I am blessed to have in my life.


My mom is my very best friend.  We talk on the phone several times a day - often about nothing. She is the first person I call when I'm upset, or happy, or bored. She is my shopping partner and my shoulder to cry on. There is absolutely no pretending with my mom; she knows the good, the bad and ugly about me. My mom has always been my cheerleader and support system and I still want to be just like her when I grow up. I am so lucky to be her daughter. 

I was a teenager when my second mom came into my life. Lynne is my stepmom and one of the most gracious people I have ever met. She is the epitome of grace and has a wonderful sense of style.  Lynne is a glass half full kind of person and always knows just what to say to make things better. She is always on the go and there was a time in my life when I was convinced she never slept.  She and my dad are a fantastic couple and I am forever glad she is my other mother.
Finally there is my wonderful mother-in-law, the third mother I am blessed to have in my life. Rosalie is a humble woman whose faith and family mean everything to her. She is always ready with a smile and to give her grandchildren 100% of her attention. She raised four amazing children and I credit her for making Duane the kind of man he is. Rosalie welcomed me into her family with open arms and is such a blessing in all of our lives.

Thank you to all my moms for all you do and for just being the wonderful women you are.

No comments: