What a wonderful weekend I've had. I actually got to do some things without my kids and hang out and friends and be a person, not just a mom.
Friday night Duane and I met up with some friends to go see "Guardians of the Galaxy." We hired a sitter, which we rarely do, but the boys love her so much that it's worth every penny. Duane and I had a really good time and the movie was hilarious.
I spent a really long time Saturday hanging out and shopping with two of my best friends. It's funny when I think about how long we were at the shopping center and how quickly the time flew by. I even managed to control my spending to a few back to school clothes for the boys and a brand new, grown-up, not purchased from Target purse. I'm pretty proud of myself.
Today we went furniture shopping after church. For some reason our youngest son is incapable of actually sitting on his rear end while eating and he pretty much abuses his chair. Well, part of the chair back snapped the other day, and since I don't really care for the dining set any more, we used it as an opportunity to start shopping around. We didn't buy anything today, but we did find something we both like.
The rest of the day was spent cramming a book I have to review by Wednesday. And to be honest, now I'm putting off writing the review. Not that it was a bad book, but it's not going to be an easy book to write up. Good thing I have Cleo to help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment