This past Friday night Wesley informed us that he wanted a kitten of his very own to name Tiny. Gee, I want a puppy. He wants a kitten. Our house could very easily turn into a zoo. Duane and I told Wesley that we were not going to get a kitten.
"That's okay. I'll save up my own money for my own kitten," Wesley assured us. "How much does a kitten cost?"
"Well, the place we adopted Cleo from charged us an adoption fee of $75 dollars," I told him. "Plus you have to pay for their shots and vet visits and for them to be declawed or have their nails trimmed regularly."
Duane was sure to add, "Plus about $12 a week to pay for cat food and kitty litter."
Wesley thought about it for a moment. "So I'll save up about $1,000. Then I'll have plenty of money for Tiny and everything she will need to be a happy kitten." He turned to his brother. "Sorry, Ryan, but I won't be buying any more Skylanders or Mixels. I have to save all my money for Tiny."
I probably would have worried about this plan a little bit if Wesley had successfully saved for anything yet. He's been wanting a TV for years and we tell him that if he saves up half, we'll pay the other half - plus get the cable run to his room. That still hasn't happened.
So that was Friday. On Sunday evening Wesley decided he wasn't going to save up for poor little Tiny after all. He'd rather save up for Skylanders. A hypothetical kitten that existed in Wesley's mind for less than 48 hours was kicked to the curb for a video game figurine. Wow, that's a rough imaginary life.
No comments:
Post a Comment