We had a fantastic evening at a community picnic with Grandma and Grandpa P. and Aunt Paula. Ok, so it wasn't really our neighborhood and you could probably argue that we crashed the picnic, but we had such a great time!
 |
| There was a hot air balloon there giving tethered rides. I have wanted to go up in a hot air balloon for ages, so you know i got in line! |
 |
| Wesley didn't want to go up, but Ryan, Duane and I took a ride |
 |
| See? There's my hand and ring (and Grandma and Grandpa on the ground). Proof I went up! |
 |
| Duane had to lift me out of the basket because I was wearing a skirt. He's a gentleman like that. |
 |
| Ryan's out |
 |
| Here comes the big man. |
Duane did a lot of assisting with the balloon - helping people in and out of the basket and adding weight so the basket would stay down. While he worked, the boys and I walked around a bit.
 |
| A friendly little toad |
 |
| Ryan just HAD to touch the toad. Repeatedly. |
Wesley found the courage to go up in the balloon later in the evening. He headed up with Grandma and Grandpa and wound up loving it!
 |
| Looking a little tentative |
 |
| But if you look real closely here, you can see Wesley's big grin! |
It was so much fun! Duane even helped put the balloon back in the truck.
And I can finally check a hot air balloon ride off my bucket list. It counts if it was tethered, doesn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment