Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Start of a New Soccer Season

Fall soccer season is once again upon us and, believe it or not, I am really excited!  I never thought I'd be a soccer mom, but I really do love going to the games and practices. Granted, Duane and I had some philosophical issues with Wesley's coach last year, but Wesley didn't have any issues with him and played hard.

This year, though...This year is going to be my year. Both Wesley and Ryan hit the jackpot with their teams and each have at least three friends they already know to play alongside. We met Wesley's coach tonight and I just wanted to hug him.  His goals are to have fun, get some exercise and learn a bit about soccer on the way. He spent time talking to the parents and learning the kids names and I just loved every second of it. Of course, it helped that I got to hang out on the sidelines with some of my friends.


Here's the gang from Wesley's school that are all on the same team. I cannot tell you how happy this picture makes me.
Ryan's first practice will be next week, but I'm already looking forward to it too. I may not be ready for fall yet, but go ahead and bring on the soccer!

No comments: