Tuesday, February 04, 2014

That's One Rich Tooth Fairy

The going rate for a tooth at our house is two $1 coins per tooth. It's been like that since Wesley lost his lost his first tooth and I imagine it will be the same when Ryan starts loosing his teeth too. That's why I'm a bit confused as to why, when Wesley woke up and saw the coins the tooth fairy left, he and Ryan were convinced each coin was worth $100.

Maybe it's because of all the expensive Lego sets the boys have been looking at. I mean, they already had picked out which sets they were going to buy with the new windfall before Duane and I were even out of bed. 

"Dad," I heard Wesley say from Duane's side of the bed. "What does the one zero zero on this coin mean?"

Duane took a sleepy look at the coin and said, "One dollar."

"Oh. So it doesn't mean one hundred?" Wesley asked with a bit of hope still in his voice.

"Well, it means one hundred cents, which is one dollar."

I heard Wesley head downstairs and break the news to his brother. Guess they'll just have to save up for the Legos the old-fashioned way.

No comments: