Thursday, February 06, 2014

ANOTHER Snow Day

I swear, I don't think the boys have had a full week of school since before Christmas. Either we've been in the throws of a polar vortex or we are shoveling out from under piles of snow.  The kids don't have school again today because, even though the main roads are fine, many of the side streets and sidewalks are not yet clear. We've blown through all of our calamity days and who knows what the next six weeks of winter will bring. I'm just so tired of it. I feel bad for my mom too because she is the one who ends up with the boys when school is cancelled. She doesn't complain and I love that she is so willing to help, but I hate imposing on her all the time. 

If the kids would go play in the snow, maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but they don't like to go outside when it's like this. Which means the last four weeks have been mostly video games and television for them. Thank goodness for Ryan's gymnastics class and Wesley's scouts (when it isn't cancelled too).

The boys are starting to ask me every day how many days are left until spring. They are starting contemplating emptying their piggy banks to see if it would help get us someplace where it isn't snowing - Disney World is their first choice. I just want winter to end.




No comments: