Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ryan's 5th Birthday

The strangest thing occurred when I woke up this morning. I woke up as the mother of a five year old. I just can't get over it. For some reason this birthday is hitting me kind of hard. Maybe it's because I know Ryan will be starting actual school this year and that is just one step closer to growing up. Maybe it's because after this year he'll have to use both hands to show how old he is and that seems like kind of a big step. Maybe it's because I also turn forty this year and I'm just feeling a little teeny bit older.

Don't worry though, I manage to keep all bits of melancholy from Ryan and I hope he had a pretty awesome day.

Last night while Ryan was sleeping, Duane and I hung streamers and balloons from in his doorway so he'd have a nice birthday surprise first thing when he woke up.



We grabbed a birthday breakfast before I dropped the boys off at camp.




The birthday boy wanted to spend the afternoon at COSI and since I am a big believer in getting to do what you want on your birthday, that's what we did.


Ryan thought this chicken strip looked like a lion, so he asked me to take a picture of it.

Waiting patiently to go into the Adventure exhibit

Now those look like my kids!

He's just hiding his fangs




 Ryan had his "friends party" at SkyZone and aside from a few minor bumps and bruises I think everyone had a good time.










Happy 5th Birthday, my angel. Mama loves you!

No comments: