Monday, July 01, 2013

Overhelmed and Burning Out

My dear friend and former supervisor always said she could tell how close I was to needing a vacation based on how many vacation hours I had accrued. Well, I haven't reached that magic number yet, but I am absolutely dying for some time off.

I don't think I've had any real time off since we moved, and let's be honest, moving doesn't count as vacation. Neither does attending a conference, no matter how much fun the conference is. Oh! And taking a week off work to teach 2 sessions of VBS, meaning about 8 story times a day for a week isn't really vacation. And neither is jury duty. But that's what I've got planned and by the time all that is done, it will be the second week of August and summer will be nearly over.

I'm just tired. I'm starting to feel envious of my teacher and school librarian friends who get to spend actual time with their kids this summer and on the weekends. I love my job, but right now it's getting harder and harder to go. I just a need a break - more than 2 days off in a row when I don't have to do a bunch of other stuff. Days off where I could just relax.  Sounds like heaven.

No comments: