Tuesday, July 02, 2013

More Bacon?

Wesley and Ryan each have a piece of bacon in the morning as part of their breakfast. One piece. Call it protein, call it a bribe to eat, call it whatever you want. There is bacon nearly every morning (unless we are having donuts). I mean, there have to be some limits, right?

Now that the boys are on summer vacation, they generally prefer to eat breakfast at their Grandma and Grandpa H.'s house, even though they have plenty of time to eat at home before I take them over there for the day. Today I found out why.

Me: So, do you guys want to eat breakfast here, or do you want to eat at Grandma's?

Wesley: We want to eat at Grandma's.

Ryan: Yeah! That way we get extra bacon, but it's a secret.

Me: Extra bacon?

Ryan: Grandma gives us two pieces if we want!

Wesley: Ryan! You weren't supposed to tell!

Me: Apparently I need to have a little talk with Grandma.

Well, you know what they say, "grandchildren are your reward for not killing your own kids". And "spoil 'em and send 'em home!"


No comments: