We haven't slowed down for a moment around here. Not for one moment.
Today after I dropped the boys off at camp, I picked up Sho and Kei for the week. Yep, it's the Return of the Webiharas! Wesley said that sounds like a great cartoon and I have to agree. Anyhow, I dragged Sho and Kei to the grocery store with me, then we went back to Sky Zone to pick up the cake server and knife I had left there after Ryan's party. Oops.
We had an afternoon that was equal parts relaxing and busy. We started out with the relaxing part - lunch then heading to the park for an hour or so. The best part about have four school age boys at the park together is that they pretty much entertained themselves and I had the rare opportunity to sit under a tree and read for awhile.
 |
| Ryan in his tree |
.JPG) |
| A repair man came to fix the drinking fountain at the park and found himself surrounded by seven boys who wanted to watch what he was doing. |
 |
| Kei doing his own version of Ninja Warrior |
.JPG) |
| Ryan and Sonic exit the slide |
After the park, we had to take Cleo to the vet for her last booster shot and a nail trim. She was less than impressed with the whole experience.
Then we came home and cleaned and made dinner and got ready for Ryan's family party to celebrate his birthday. Duane made another cake for him and this one was a little more...intricate than the last one.
.JPG) |
| Ryan remembered not to blow the candles out until we were done singing, which is something he didn't remember on his actual birthday! |
|
.JPG) |
| Hanging out under the table with Uncle Kirk's phone |
.JPG) |
| Diving in to gifts |
I think Ryan had a great family party. We even managed to find the cinnamon ice cream he wanted, which is no small feat around here during summer. He crashed on the couch while the other guys watched tv tonight. I'm just hoping they all sleep in tomorrow (for Duane's sake, since I have to work)
No comments:
Post a Comment