Monday, July 22, 2013

My Little Campers

Wesley and Ryan started half day camps at their old preschool this week. Wesley is doing an art class with one of his former teachers (who he loved) and Ryan is doing an adventure camp about camping in his old classroom.

Drop off was kind of rough this morning. Well, maybe rough isn't the right word, but it was rushed and there was paperwork to fill out and the classrooms were doing last minute set up and I already knew I would be late to work.  Ryan turned clingy as I tried to leave him and get Wesley to his class. When I finally did coax Ryan off my leg, he went and sat in a corner and hid his head. 

This is where my kind, nurturing mommy side is supposed to emerge, right? Yeah, that so didn't happen. Instead, I looked at the teacher (who thankfully had Ryan in safety city earlier this summer) and said, "He'll get over himself and his big brother is across the hall if you need him." 

Ok, not my finest parenting moment.

But things did turn out fine. Both boys had a good time and Ryan brought home two completed projects from today.  Guess I haven't scarred him for life after all.

No comments: