Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What a Week!

Yes, I know it's only Wednesday, but what a week it's been so far.

Duane's back started hurting pretty badly (like he can barely move kind of badly) last week. It hasn't gotten any better so he's on rather limited mobility this week. We share household chores, but having him partially down for the count is wearing me out! My hubby is no slacker around the house and trying to pick up a few loose ends is beginning to get the best of me.

Monday night my dad and I painted the first coat of Incredible Hulk green on Wesley's wall. No, that isn't the actual paint name, but wouldn't it be awesome if it was!? We only had enough paint for one coat, so I'm not sure when we'll get the second one done. I really want to get Wesley back in his own room by the end of the weekend though. He's been sharing a room with Ryan for almost two weeks.

Last night I was a judge at youth community spelling bee. These kids were AMAZING spellers. They were so good that we ran out of youth words and had to borrow from the adult list. The final round went on and on and was finally called a tie by the organizer. I thought things went swimmingly, but every year someone is upset about the results and has to question the judges ruling and it kind of sours the whole experience.

Today was pretty good with yoga at lunch and a gigantic cupcake from my boss, but it's not even 9:00 yet and I can barely keep my eyes open. And all I can think about is everything I need to get done on Friday (my day off since I work the weekend) - clean the house, Easter basket shopping, get an Easter outfit for Wesley, do the grocery shopping, the kids are long overdue for haircuts, and I really should think about finding some curtains/valences to match Wesley's "new" room. Not big problems by any stretch, but more than enough to keep me very busy on my day off.

No comments: