Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Soccer

So it snowed here Sunday night and Monday morning. There were snow flurries yesterday. Today we started Spring soccer. Oh joy.

Ryan had his first practice tonight. Now, we have not thought about soccer since early October. We are also in our third residence since October. How much soccer equipment do you think we were missing when we started looking for gear last night? Any guesses?

We were able to find the practice clothes and uniforms for both kids. We found both soccer balls. We found both sets of cleats (although when Ryan went to put them on tonight we discovered that his feet have grown and the cleats are now one size too small). We could not find either set of shin guards anywhere. I guess all things considered losing two sets of shin guards isn't so bad. And I'm sure we'll find them eventually. I mean, we found Ryan's swim trunks and swim shirt a mere week after his swim lessons ended.

Anyhow, Spring soccer. It's cold. Really cold. I was sitting on my hands and trying to soak up every little of warmth the sun offered. Didn't seem to bother Ryan too much though.


No comments: