Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Understatement of the Day

WARNING: Kind of Gross. Seriously. Read at your own risk.

We have been really lucky about illness in our house so far this winter. Aside from a bit of a cold here and there, we've all been really healthy.

Or maybe I should say, we all were pretty healthy. Until about 5:00 this morning. That's when Wesley came into our room complaining of a stomach ache and started vomiting a minute later. That's when we discovered his fever.

So, it's a day at home for Mommy, taking care of the boys. And Wesley seemed to be doing pretty well. He played for a while, then napped. Unfortunately, he woke up crying and projectile vomiting (thank goodness for maroon carpet)

Ryan took in the scene and said, "Mom, Wesley puked."

"Yes, Ryan. I know," I told him as I worked to clean up the mess.

He wrinkled his nose, "I don't like the puke."

Like I said. Understatement of the day.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Aww, I hope he feels better now. Jack said he didn't want to play with anyone at recess because Wesley wasn't there.