Ryan has been on a clementine/cuties kick lately. Last night he neglected to eat much of dinner, but was more than happy to eat clementines. Since he couldn't reach the fruit bowl on the counter, Wesley helped him out. Then there was the little issue of peeling the thing.
"Mom, please peel it for me," Ryan said as he handed the fruit to me.
I started to dig my thumbnail into its skin whenRyan stopped me. "No! Not at the top or the bottom. You have to peel the middle!"
Fine. I started peeling it in the middle then moved on to the ends. As I approached the top of the clementine, Ryan leaned in and began to watch intently.
"Does this one has brains?" he asked.
What?!? Brains!?!
He watched as I removed the top without the little core of pith that sometimes comes out of a clementine in a bunch and said, "No brains!"
Someone must have called that part the membrane in front of him. Of course the presence of the membranes didn't slow him down with his second clementine. He just said "Braaaaaiiiinnns" in a slightly creepy voice.
Think he's turning into a zombie?
1 comment:
Fabulous stuff! I will forever call that bit of a clementine "brains!"
Post a Comment