Thursday, January 26, 2012

Grandmas Aren't the Only Ones

Grandmas have a reputation for spoiling their grandchildren. We've all seen the t-shirts, pillows, plaques, etc. touting this grandma-given right. And I'll admit, I give my mom a good-natured hard time about spoiling Wesley and Ryan. Of course, I'm 38 and she still spoils me too, so really, who am I to talk?

Today I learned (once again) that it's not just grandmas that love to spoil their grandchildren.

Grandma H. went to exercise while Ryan was at her house today - leaving Grandpa H. and Ryan to have some guy time. Apparently Ryan got hungry during guy time and being the self sufficient little man he is, he went to the cupboard and got out the bread, then went to the pantry to get some sandwich ingredients. 

And what did Ryan choose for his sandwich? Peanut butter? Tuna fish? Oh no. My son chose this (picture from Google images)


And the best part? Grandpa made him a sandwich with the chosen ingredients! Any wonder why Ryan ate two sandwiches for lunch?

Part of me wants to cry, but most of me finds it really really funny. I know Ryan doesn't normally eat Nutella and marshmallow fluff sandwiches for lunch. And I know one day of them isn't going to hurt him. I just think it's hilarious that Grandpa was totally willing to go along with it!

Perhaps we'll get Grandpa one of these shirts for a random upcoming holiday. Hey, if the shirt fits.....

No comments: