Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tomorrow

Before you start singing the lyrics to the most famous "Annie" song, let me say that I'm not about to bet my bottom dollar on anything and the way this winter is going, I don't fully expect the sun to come out. Nope. This post is titled "Tomorrow" because last night on the way to church, Wesley asked me what "tomorrow" meant. I told him that it was the day after this day. So we talked about what he'd be doing the rest of the week.

When we reached "Friday" I told him that after preschool we'd go home and get ready for Uncle Doug and Grandma W. to come for dinner. I said that I was going to bake a pie after lunch on Friday and he could help me if he wanted.

Wesley: I'd love to help you, Mom! We can put Ryan and Carr (bear) in front of the tv because they are too little to help bake.

Mom: Well, I thought we'd bake the pie when Ryan was taking a nap.

Wesley: Yeah! And I'll help! What kind of pie are we making?

Mom: Mommy's special cherry pie.

Wesley: That's my favorite! (a moment's pause) Wait, do I like cherry pie?

Mom: You can try it and see. I LOVE cherry pie! Some people like to put ice cream on it, but I like mine plain. You can just have some ice cream if you want.

Wesley: No, I like plain pie too.

How much do you want to bet that he won't touch it?

No comments: