Although I am very tempted to spend this post complaining about the 20 plus inches of snow we have received this month, I thought I’d share some of Ryan’s new eating habits with you. Ryan has entered a dipping phase. No matter what he is eating, the enjoyment of it is magnified by dipping it in something else. Eating corn pudding? Dip it in barbecue sauce! Eating veggie ranch flavored whole grain puff? Dip them in peach yogurt!
Like most toddlers, though, Ryan's favorite dipping sauce is ketchup. He isn't really picky about what goes in it either. I have watched him dip potato chips, pretzels, cheese, green beans and my new personal favorite (she said sarcastically) - canned peaches! We aren't quite to the point where he will eat anything as long as it's in ketchup, but we are getting close.
Apparently it’s all about dipping. I wonder if I could slip in some slightly steamed baby carrots and other veggies? Maybe with some ranch? Nah, he'd probably want the ketchup.
2 comments:
Grant is in a dipping phase too. They should have a lunch date. :)
Phase ha Zack is 9 and still wants to dip everything. Sometimes I makes me so mad to see him ruin the food I took time to prepare with ketchup or what ever the sauce is but I guess i just have to be happy he is eating. Oh and here is one from the ex. dipping crab legs in mustard. uuggggh yuck
good luck with this.
Post a Comment