Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Smile to My Face

I feel like it's been ages and ages since I've blogged, even though it's only been since Monday. I think the time warp feeling I have has to do with how crabby I've been lately. I don't know if it's winter, or stuff at work, or what, but I'm quite surprised Duane didn't kick me out of the house last night - that's how crabby I was.

This morning didn't start much better. There was a wind chill below zero when I left the house with the boys. The sliding doors to my mini-van were frozen shut. I got stuck in the snow twice before I made it to the freeway. Overall, it was not a very auspicious start to the morning. We carefully made our way across the most nerve wracking stretch of highway we drive each day. As we rounded the bend, Wesley piped up from the back seat, "We just went on the smile curve! It looks just like a big smile!" And you know, he's right. It DOES look like a big smile. And I often smile as we drive it because of the smell of the bakery nearby. All of a sudden, the morning wasn't quite so cruddy. Leave it to a kid to put it in perspective.

I went off to work in a slightly better mood and left Wesley and Ryan to have birthday parties for imaginary friends. Grandma and Grandpa P. helped Wesley make banners for the parties. And really, how could I continue to be in a crabby mood when I get to hug this kid every day?

No comments: