(Thank you, Kate, for the title of this post)
Yep folks, you read right, we have croup in the house. To be honest, I didn't realise that kids still got croup. It seemed so "Little House on the Prairie" to me.
Ryan was perfectly fine when he went to bed Wednesday night, but when I got him up Thursday morning he had a cough that sounded like a seal barking. I won't say I wasn't concerned, but I wasn't sure what to make of it. I got the boys dressed and we headed to Grandma and Grandpa H.'s as usual. When we got there I told Gma and Gpa about the cough and asked them to call me if it got any worse.
At 1:00 my work phone rang. Grandma told me that she had put Ryan down for a nap and when she did, he noticed that he seemed to be having trouble breathing. Now that sentence will put panic in the heart of any parent. I called the doctor's office and got an appointment for him that afternoon.
So, crap. It's croup. Ryan spent last night in our room with the humidifier running. We've been giving him ibuprofen for the pain he seems to be feeling when he coughs. His cough is much improved today, but his attitude is worse. Poor kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment