Okay, those of you with weak stomaches may want to stop reading now. This post contains yuckiness that comes with being a parent. You have been warned.
Every morning I go into Wesley's room, turn his light on and get his clothes ready while talking to him loudly. I consider this a "pre-wake up" as he usually only responds slightly. Then I go into Ryan's room and get him dressed before returning to Wesley's room for the "full wake-up."
As I was getting Ryan dressed this morning, I heard Wesley say, “Mom! My nose is dripping!” What he didn’t mention was that it was dripping blood. He had been rubbing at the drips too, so his entire face was covered, plus his bear got hit pretty hard too. I grabbed a washcloth and sat with Wesley until the bleeding stopped. He calmed down pretty well until he noticed that Bear was sporting quite a few spots of his own. Wesley insisted that I use the wash cloth to wipe the spots off of Bear. I dabbed a little, but it didn't do a lot of good.
I finally told Wesley that he had to choose - we could put Bear in the washing machine right away, but then he couldn't go with Wesley today, or we could wait and ask Grandma and Grandpa to wash him at their house (where Wesley would be). This may seem like a no brainer to you and me, but we are talking about Wesley's comfort object/best buddy here. Besides, Wesley HATES for things to be dirty. He finally decided to take the spotty bear to Grandma and Grandpa's and, “I’ll use my best manners and then I’ll play with other toys until Bear is all clean.” Not a bad choice but I did feel a little odd handing a blood spotted bear to my dad.
The good news is that Bear was good as new after a quick run through the wash - and the better news is that Wesley's nose has remained drip free the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment