Sunday, February 28, 2010

End of the Weekend

You know, I'm a little jealous of Wesley this weekend. He had a weekend that had to be darn near perfect to a four year old. Friday we went to Chuck E. Cheese. Yesterday we went to the aquarium and today was Disney on Ice.

Grandma H. bought tickets to take Wesley and myself to go see Disney on Ice. Wesley had been whining all day that he didn't want to go and that I should just take Ryan instead. He grumped on the way to the arena too. Once we were inside though, his tune changed pretty quickly!

Grandma and I took him over to the souvenir place and told him he could pick something out. I was appalled at how much the light up things cost (although they did come with a 2 year warranty and a number you could call for a replacement if it broke through "normal" use). I was ready to whip out the debit card, but in spite of all the light up things, stuffed toys, and wind-up toys, Wesley chose a coloring book. That's right folks, a coloring book! I was so proud of him! He impressed me at the refreshment area too. I had told him we were getting popcorn and that he could have a snow cone or cotton candy. He chose cotton candy and water to drink. He CHOWED on it too. In fact, he ate so much of the cotton candy and popcorn that MY stomach started to hurt.

I tried to take some pictures of the show (it was allowed) but it was pretty dark in there and they didn't come out well. I did get an excellent picture of Wesley and Grandma, and she took one of Wesley and me.

Wesley loved the first half of the show. I realised that I have kept him pretty sheltered though because he hardly knew any of the characters other than those on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I had to name all the princesses and other characters for him. He wanted to go home at intermission but stuck with it through the second half. Every time a new character would come on the ice, he'd look it up in the coloring book. I couldn't pry that book out of his hands the whole time!

When the show ended and the lights came up Wesley immediately asked if he could see it again. Then he threw his arms around me and kissed me and said how much he liked the show. I reminded him that Grandma brought us, so he turned to her, hugged her and planted no less than a half a dozen kisses all over her face too! The mom behind us even commented, "Wow! That must be nice!"

Wesley was all grins on the way to the car. He told us that his favorite characters were Daisy Duck and Jiminey Cricket. As I type this, he's sitting at the table coloring all the pictures in his new coloring book. My guess is that he'll try to work on coloring book we brought Ryan next.

It was a great weekend. Exhausting, but great!

No comments: