Thursday, February 11, 2010

In His Professional Opinion

As a librarian and a total "bookaholic" I am pretty much addicted to Goodreads. I try to rate all the books that pass my 50 page rule, with the exception of picture books. It's not that I don't like picture books - I love them - but we read so many of them that I just don't take the time to put them on my account.

A couple of days ago I noticed that one of my goodreads friends had rated the book "Race You to Bed" by Bob Shea. Now, just because I don't rate the picture books I read, doesn't mean I'm not going to comment on someone else's review. I added a comment to her review that said, "My 4 year old ADORES this book." It's true. Ever since I brought it home from the library he's wanted to hear it multiple times each day.

Anyway, I didn't think anything else about the comment until an email appeared in my goodreads mailbox - from Bob Shea! The message was titled "Your 4 year old" and the first line read "is really really smart." Then he went on to ask if I would try and get Wesley to review the book!

I totally geeked out about this! Almost as much as when I met Laini Taylor at BEA last year. I emailed Duane and my dad. I did a little happy dance at my desk. Like I said, totally geeked out! Now I just have to sit down with Wesley in the next day or two so he can give me his professional opinion. Don't worry, I'll let you know what he says.

No comments: