Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I know that my sister-in-law (Duane's little sister) will be checking the blog to see what incredibly romantic thing her big brother did for me for Valentine's Day. Let's face it, Duane has developed quite the reputation as the BROC (Big Romantic On Campus). Unfortunately, I had to work all weekend, which kind of dampened the chance for a super romantic Valentines.

Now before I go into too much detail about our Valentine's Day, I do have to give full romance brownie points to my hubby. He wanted to plan a trip to New Orleans that would have been for Valentines, our anniversary and Mother's Day, but I turned it down. Yes folks. I turned it down and said that we should pay bills instead. Do I know romance or what?

Anyhow, the weekend started with flowers delivered to me at work. Duane had the flowers delivered on Friday, so I'd be surprised on Saturday when I went to work. Very sweet.

This morning I found a box of candy from my favorite "local restaurant" AKA John Eagle Candy, waiting for me. Then I made a breakfast of Chocolate Waffles with Raspberry Syrup. Yummy! Of course, Wesley wouldn't touch them, but Ryan LOVED them! Especially when we give him a side of chocolate syrup to dip them in.

We're going to spend the evening eating City BBQ , Jeni's ice cream and red velvet cake (that Duane made) and watching hockey, but it's a Happy Valentine's Day for me! Check out my little Valentine boys!

No comments: