Thursday, April 05, 2012

Number 1 on Speed Dial

I knew that when Wesley started Kindergarten, there would be a lot a changes in our lives. What I didn't anticipate was how often I would get phone calls from the nurses at school. I'm starting to think they have me on speed dial.

This year I have received the "your child choked in the lunchroom and we had to do the Heimlich Maneuver on him" call, the "your child is running a fever" call, the "your child is complaining of a sore throat" call, the "your child fell and hit his head on the playground" call, and the "your child threw up" call. Some of them more than once!

I'm shocked we haven't had the "your child has a bloody nose" phone call because he gets those sometimes. Oh, and when he got smacked in the face on accident we got a note sent home rather than a phone call.

I got another "your child threw up" call today. Fortunately he felt fine and wanted to stay at school. Turns out that someone else's lunch grossed him out and caused him to lose his own lunch. Wesley can get all gaggy just looking at a bowl of oatmeal, so that doesn't surprise me too much. But it was still a lot of fun to explain to the nurse that my kid is just pukey.  Good thing Ryan has a stronger stomach.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sorry about all the calls but I did laugh that he's pukey. Jack once stood on the end of a banana and it squished between his toes and he threw up in front of me and Linda. We were so shocked we just burst out laughing.